The picture is a winter scene of the Vinton Dam with the lower deck and steps leading up to the cottage in the background.
The mill which once stood at the site was first built in 1815.
Raccoon Creek Side Cottage, LLC is an adult only (21 or over), non-smoking cottage. No pets are allowed. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is 12:00 noon.
ITEMS THAT GUESTS SHOULD PLAN TO BRING:
- Beach towel or robe for hot tub
- Toiletries (some travel size provided should you forget something)
- Games/Books (some provided)
- Fishing equipment
- Kayak or canoe (to access the creek using own equipment at the Vinton Community Park)
INDOOR AMENITIES include:
- Full size kitchen with cooking and eating utensils
- Full size refrigerator
- Keurig Coffee Maker with K-cups
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- 50" Television (antennae programming only)
- Electric Fireplace
-Adjoining covered deck with patio furniture and gas grill
- Half bath off of the living room/kitchen area
- Master bath off of the bedroom with a shower large enough for two and free-standing claw-foot tub
- Laundry facilities - LG stacking steam washer and dryer
- Queen size bed with Simmons Beautryrest mattress
- Bath towels and bed linens provided
- Toilet paper, dish washing soap, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, trash bags, and paper towels are provided for overnight guests - extended stay guests should bring an additional supply
OUTDOOR AMENITIES INCLUDE:
- Covered deck with patio furniture
- Gas grill
- Hot tub
- Picnic table
- Pergola located over a brick patio at the site where the Vinton Mill once stood complete with a fire pit and chairs
- Amazing view of Raccoon Creek and the peaceful sound of the water rolling over the dam
- Lower deck overlooking the waterfalls - a great place for fishing or having a romantic picnic/dinner for two
THINGS TO DO (within walking distance):
- Morgan's Raid Suspension Bridge Historic Site (a half a block away)
- Vinton Community Park just across the creek from the cottage and can be accessed across the Morgan's Raid Suspension Bridge
(baseball diamonds, basketball court, sand volleyball court, boat launch, public restrooms and shelter houses with picnic tables available)
- McCoy's One Stop offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. Music is provided on Friday and Saturday evenings. Groceries and ice cream available
- Walking/Bike Trail
- Citgo offers gas, grocery items, and a limited variety of beer, wine, alcohol and wine coolers
- Isaac's Auction House - auction every Saturday night at 7:00 p.m.
- Vinton Bean Dinner held every year on the first Saturday in August at the Vinton Community Park
If you would like to inquire about reservations, availability, or pricing, contact Donna DeWitt-Meade at email@example.com or 740-388-8327 or Donna's cell 1-740-441-5534 or Flem's cell 1-740-441-7259.
GIFT CERTIFICATES are available. These make wonderful gifts for that special couple celebrating any occasion.